Recently I’ve been having a teeeeny bit of an issue with my skin coz I neglected my retin-A cream for almost a month coz I was trying other products, and my hormones were pretty imbalanced but I don’t really wanna get into that. Long story short, I changed up my skincare products.
If you notice from my previous skincare posts on my Instagram and on this blog, I’ve
never included any Asian brands in my skincare regimen. But lately, I find myself gravitating towards Asian skincare lines from Japan and Korea and the more I watch videos and read reviews on it, the more eager I am to try them! So slowly, my skincare routine has been dominated by Asian good stuff so here goes!
- To take off my waterproof eye makeup, I use this L’oreal Eye Makeup Remover and I think it’s one of the best that I’ve tried. My mom has been using this for as long as I can remember and I always go back to this coz I know it’s dependable. It takes my waterproof liner and mascara off easily without me having to tug them eyeballs.
- To take the rest of my face makeup off, I have been loving this Innisfree Green Tea Pure Cleansing Water. I was running out of my Bioderma and this was wayyyy more affordable so I chose to get it on a wimp and ended up loving every bit of it. Works just as well as Bioderma and has a lovely refreshing scent but doesn’t irritate my skin.
- With my Clarisonic Mia 2, I’ve been cleansing my face with the Philosophy Purity Made Simple and I’ve been using it for about a year now and my skin’s getting immune to it. Im looking to get a new one preferably from Innisfree or The Face Shop after I’m done with this tiny bottle. If you have recommendations on which one I should get, please lemme know!
- For exfoliation and treatment, this is a recent discovery and I love it already! I know im a little late on the bandwagon but the Skin Food Black Sugar wash off Mask is definitely amazing like everyone says it is. It leaves my skin so soft and ready for the rest of my skincare products. I use this a couple times a week to get rid of the dead skin.
- As for toner, I use my SK-II Clear Treatment Clear Lotion on a cotton pad and just sweep that across my face. I love this one coz it has no alcohol and is very gentle on my skin. It’s just a mini version that I got in my SK-II Pitera Set from Luxola along with my SK-II Facial Treatment Essence that I use after the lotion. I put a few drops of it right into my clean palms and just pat it into my skin. I have to say, both this products left my skin super soft and smooth.
- The Skin food Watery Berry Serum is the one I use every night. A light consistency serum that sinks in almost immediately into my skin. I notice that my dry patches are tremendously moisturized the next day and doesn’t look that disgusting under makeup haha.
- Then after about 15 minutes of letting the essence and serum completely sink into my skin, I go in with my Retin-A 0.5% cream to keep my breakouts at bay and as an anti aging cream. More explanation on this product that helped cure my acne, here.
- Seems like my evening skincare steps will never end but we’re almost done I promise.. only 2 more. For deep moisture locking on my skin, the Innisfree Soybean Finish Cream does a good job. the consistency is soooo light and it sinks in well and doesn’t just linger and sit on my skin. I’ve been really loving this one! Don’t really see any reviews on this but its so good!
- We can’t forget our eyes! I use the 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Eye Cream. It’s not too greasy and it moisturizes my under eyes really well! Read the review here.
So yeah! Quite a ton of steps but I take skincare really really seriously. I never ever skip it no matter how tired or sick I am coz I’m determined like dat! :p
What I notice so far after changing my skincare regimen to Asian Skincare Products is that they suit my skin a lot better and leaves my skin exceptionally soft and supple and I’m absolutely diggin them, quite obsessed to be honest. Stay tuned for more in depth reviews on some of these products.
As always, thanks for reading guys.. And do you have any holy grail Asian Skincare Products? Share with me! xx
- L’oreal Eye Makeup Remover, rm25.90 (All local drugstores)
- Innisfree Green Tea Pure Cleansing Water, rm40 (Innisfree Sunway Pyramid)
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple, rm85 (Sephora)
- Skin Food Black Sugar wash off Mask, rm44 (Skin Food)
- SK-II Pitera Set, rm237.50 (SK-II Counters/ Luxola)
- Skin food Watery Berry Serum, rm88 (Skin Food)
- Innisfree Soybean Finish Cream, rm134 (Innisfree Sunway Pyramid)
- 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Eye Cream, rm69 (100& Pure Malaysia Website)